Favourites of the month #1: MAY 2016

1:27:00 PM

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be talking about some products I have been loving in the past month - and before that, actually, as it's my first favourites post. I know not many people are reading my blog (yet - I hope), and probably no one cares, but the reason I'm still doing it is - for myself. I want to be able to look back a few months later and see what I liked, if I still like it, how my taste changes or if it doesn't. So let's just get started :).


I decided to divide everything into 3 categories: make up, skincare and "beauty techniques" (you'll get what I mean by that once we get to that category:)). And as it's the most interesting - at least for me - let's start with make up.

MAKE UP


L'oreal Infallible 24h-Matte Foundation

If you have been reading my blog before, you probably could see this coming. I was raving about this foundation in my make up haul (in case you missed it - you can read it HERE) and I was not wrong. I have to say - I'm not using it as an everyday foundation, but I had bridal party and a wedding to attend last month (and maybe some other parties? I honestly can't remember) and I really needed something that would last me all night. And every time I knew I would be up all night without a chance to fix my make up - I grabbed this.


It has great coverage, so even when I got hot from dancing or drinking alcohol (let's not judge, who doesn't drink on a wedding) I knew it would cover everything and my face wouldn't look like a red hot mess. It also last a really long time. I wouldn't be so sure about the 24 hour claim, but also - who the hell wears make up for 24 hours straight?!


Anyways - it covers, it lasts, it mattifies and it makes everything I put on top of it look pretty and last longer as well. I love it.

Price: 59,99 pln ($15,42)


Eveline Celebrities Eyeliner

I love how weird shaped it is. What I also love is how easy it is to apply and how pigmented it is. I honestly was not expecting a cheap liner to be as good and this one. And I am really pleasantly surprised!


I really adore how small and thin the brush applicator is. It makes it super easy to line my eyes and make a wing without it getting everywhere or making it too thick. I can start small and then build it up to as thick as I like it with no problems along the way.


Even thought it looks almost black on the swatch, I have it in brown (it doesn't have a name), and it was the only eyeliner I have been using last month. I will continue to use and love it this month as well, believe me.

Price: 11,99 pln ($3,03)


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

This is the second time in my life that I honestly think I love the mascara I'm using (first time was with this one by Avon). It is said to be a dupe for the Roller Lash by Benefit, but I wouldn't know as I have never tried the other one. What I can say is - it's really great!


It makes my lashes longer and more voluminous without clumping them up. I really love the wand - it's, first of all, rubberized , and second of all - it's curved and weird. It has short bristles on one side and then longer on the other side. This way you can use one (short) side to really get your lashes loaded with mascara and give them lots of volume, and then separate, lengthen and "curl" with the other (long) side. Or at least that's how I like using it, you obviously could do whatever you like ;).


The only thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that it's hard to remove, and it's not even waterproof! I believe that's why it holds the curl despite the fact that I don't use a lash curler. Nonetheless, it's kind of a pain in the butt in the night, when I want to get everything off of my face. Luckily, I have found a way to make it easier and I'm talking about it below, so just keep reading :).

Price: 35,99 pln ($9,11)

SKINCARE


AA Cosmetics Hydro Algae Pink Facial Toner

This is my first toner ever since I was a teenager and my mum was buying me makeup. I never really thought it did anything nor did I care... But then I read THIS book and decided to give toners another chance. And I picked this one.


Obviously I can't really compare it to anything as it's my first one, but I really love it and I'm glad I picked it up. It smells amazing, moisturizes and I don't know if it's the reason, but I can really see a difference in my skin! I deliberately chose a moisturizing one because my skin is normal to dry and every time I wash my face squeaky clean I can immediately feel it getting really tight. Then I use this and it's no longer that way - it feels soft and moisturized. Obviously I still use a moisturizer afterwards.


What I also love about it is that if I fail to remove 100% of my makeup, it also helps with that. What is more, I sometimes use it during the day to just clean my skin if I'm not wearing any makeup. It really cleans and refreshes my face.

Price: 17,00 pln ($4,30)


Neutrogena Deep Moisture Body Lotion & Comfort Balm

These are from the same line, so I'm mentioning them together - Body Lotion is obviously for your body and Comfort Balm can be used for body or face, but I'm only using it on my face, as my day and night cream. I have unfortunately just run out of the Body Lotion a few days ago, but considering I got them both for Christmas, it lasted me a pretty long time anyways, and what was I expecting? That it would last me a lifetime? Well, I wish.


The most important thing is I have actually noticed a difference in my skin when I was consistent with using them. I love how immediately after I used the Body Lotion my skin would feel almost recovered: it was soft, moisturized and felt more firm. I also love the hell out of the face cream. I am using it all the time and even if it's the only thing I use - my skin looks great. It's moisturized and glowing. Also, you don't need a lot. A pea size scoop is enough for my whole face and there's usually even a little left for my neck. That is why I still have  quite a lot left. Oh, and let's not forget - I adore the scent. They smell... like a cream. I can't really describe it, but it's a soft, fresh and comforting scent.

Price of the Body Lotion: 22,00 pln ($5,59)
Price of the Comfort Balm: 15,00 pln ($3,81)

BEAUTY TECHNIQUES


Applying my setting powder with a damp sponge

I know I'm really late to this bandwagon, but better late than never, right? First of all, let's get this out of the way - I'm not baking! And if you don't know what baking is, you can watch these videos by some of my favourite youtubers (Jaclyn Hill or Tati). Anyways, I am not doing this. I am just setting my face using a damp sponge instead of a brush. It's something in between just setting it and baking. I have tried baking a few months ago and I didn't like it, it made all of my fine lines much more visible and my make up looked cakey. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but, well, it made me stay away from the powder + sponge duo for a pretty long time. 


It's getting more and more hot now as summer is approaching and I needed something to keep my face matte and my make up in place. So I decided to try this technique...and I'm amazed! It makes me matte for a much more longer period of time, and my face looks and feels perfectly smooth. I highly recommend trying it.


Removing eye make up with oil

I know there are quite a few make up removing oils on the market now, but I had this on hand and decided to try it - for my stubborn mascara that you read about above :). I just apply a few drops on my clean hands and rub it gently on my eyes. It still gets about a minute to remove most of the mascara, but I'm not pulling or tugging. Then I just remove everything with my regular eye make up remover and continue with my routine.

It's also great for removing liquid lipsticks. I just apply a generous amount on my lips and let it sit there for a few minutes. Then I remove everything with my make up remover or even just tissue - lipstick is no longer there, and my lips are moisturized and plump!


 I like sometimes using the oil to moisturize my hands or any other dry spots on my body. It sinks in pretty quickly and doesn't have a scent. It also claims to have no parabens, colorants or perfume, which is always great.

Wow, how many times did I use the word "moisturize"?! You can really tell I'm all about that in my beauty routines. Also, thank you so much if you read it all, it was a freaking long post! I really hope you enjoyed. Please tell me about your favourites... and see you in my next post! xoxo

Sending my love,
Zhastine

P.S You can also follow me on my Instagram HERE, and on my Tumblr HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats