My everyday evening skincare routine

10:05:00 PM

Hi there!

Lately I've realized that a lot of the things that seem common sense to me (because I read about it so much), are not exactly that obvious to everyone else. And that maybe I should share more of what I do skincare-wise and not only review products (which I will obviously still do, because I enjoy it so much). So today I thought I would start with sharing my everyday skincare routine.


And yes, that's my new beautiful baby in the right corner.

I won't be sharing my face in this post, so you'll just have to imagine everything, but I'll try to explain everything as good as I can. If you have any questions or comments - please leave them in the comment section below this post :) .


1. First thing I like to do, when I have a face full of  make up, is wetting my eyes. I just take a little bit of water and press it into my eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and maybe eyebrows. This way everything melts off so much easier and I won't have to pull on my skin or my eyelashes. That's also the reason why I never use waterproof make up - I like everything to come off with no effort.

2. Then I wet my little make up removing sponge I bought at Carrefour for like 2 pln ($0,50), put one pump of my Bioderma Purifying Cleansing Foaming Gel (or any other gel, this is what I happen to be using at the moment), foam it up, and then I wash my face with it. If I feel the need to, I do it twice or even three times, but usually one is enough.


3. I like my skin to be really clean, so just washing it with a gel is not enough for me. After that, I take some of my micellar water on a cotton pad (AA Cosmetics Micellar Water for dry to normal skin) and cleanse my skin one more time. This time I also remove my eye make up - it's usually so damp by this time, most of it comes off with one swipe. I usually do this step twice, focusing on my eyes the second time. I also cleanse my neck and chest area.


4. When I finally feel like my skin is clean - I use a toner. I'm currently using this one from Nivea - Soothing Toner for dry and sensitive skin. A toner will replenish the skin with what cleansers wipe off. In this case - moisture. It will also remove any traces of make up left - and usually there is some, no matter how clean my skin feels. I really notice a difference when I'm using a toner, plus it's a very pleasant experience!


5. Next step - a serum. It's important to use a serum before your creams, as it's usually very light and wouldn't sink into the skin as well if you put it on top of a thick night cream. It will provide many benefits to your skin, depending on what you choose. I usually put three drops of it on my face and one on my neck and chest area and gently rub it in. This one is Intelligent Skin Therapy in Phytoflavon.


6. This is probably a more common step in a skincare routine. I feel like even if you're not into skincare, you would at least cleanse and moisturize. So this is what I'm currently using as my night cream - Nivea Pure & Natural Regenerating Night Cream. I take a little and spread (or pat) it all over my face, neck and chest area.


7. I also always use an eye cream. It's, honestly, one of the things I never skip, no matter how tired I am. I'm currently using AA Cosmetics 30+ Moisturizing and Smoothing eye cream. Yes, I'm not 30+ yet, but I believe these numbers are mostly just for marketing reasons and you should more care about what it does and the ingredients, than what the packaging says.

8. And the last step in my skincare routine is an eyelash serum. It's My Lash Serum from Etude House and I have to say - it's a big favourite. I used to not believe in eye lash serums, but this one seems to really work. My lashes look better and are longer - at least that's what I think.

If I feel like I really need some more moisture, I would also pat a few drops of oil on top of my night cream. I'm currently using just a baby oil and it works just fine. It locks the night cream in, and it's also very moisturizing itself, I highly recommend trying it.

What is more, I always try to scrub my face at least once or twice a week, and do a mask, also once or twice a week.

I know it seems like a lot, but it's not really that bad. It's a very pleasant experience in my opinion and it also really makes a difference. I noticed my skin really changing after I started doing this. I highly recommend trying it and you'll see for yourself. If you don't like it, you can just stop :).

I really hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any questions or want to know my thoughts on any of these products, or anything at all - just tell me in the comments. Thank you so much for reading and see you in my next post! xoxo

Sending my love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats