Empties #5: hits and misses

12:45:00 PM

Hello everyone!

As much as I love buying new make up and beauty products and trying new stuff, it's good to get rid of some products every once in a while. And believe me, there's nothing more satisfying than throwing away all of the empties that I've been gathering just for this blog post. As usually, I'm going to share with you some of my final thoughts on the products and tell you if I would buy it again or not. Let's get into it!


# Skin Therapy Active Concentrate serum. It was, well, just another serum in my evening routine. I didn't feel like it did anything special, and it was more pricey that what I've been choosing before, so that was a disappointment. I was also really disappointed by how small it was, as I ordered it online and didn't really know beforehand. Anyways, I'm not going to buy it again. It was just... meh.

# AA Cosmetics Youth Energy Moisturizing and Smoothing eye cream. I usually like these eye creams by AA, because, well, they work - they moisturize. I'm in my early twenties and don't really need anything else from an eye cream. They are also affordable, so it's a nice option if you're looking for something like that. Still, I don't think I'm going to buy it again, unless I really can't find anything else. I'd prefer trying something new. Who knows, maybe I'll find something that'll blow my mind :).


# Avon Planet Spa Firming Face Mask with Sandalwood and Sesame oils. It's something I've had for quite a long time. I usually like these Planet Spa masks from Avon, and I've enjoyed this one in particular, as it smelled amazing, and, of course, did its job. Nonetheless, I don't think I'd buy it again, I've been using these masks from Avon for a long time now (as my mom used to work at Avon) and I'd really like trying something new for a change.

# AA Cosmetics Hydro Algae Pink Micellar Water for dry/normal skin. It was a nice micellar water - it removed make up just fine and didn't burn my eyes, this is pretty much everything I'd expect from an affordable product like this. It was not bad and I might reach for it again, but for now I think I'll try something else and not buy this again.


# Neutrogena Deep Moisture Comfort Balm. This is something I got for Christmas last year, so it lasted me a pretty long time - almost a year! Especially considering I was using it as a day and night cream. It was, and still is, my favourite facial cream. It really moisturized and I was able to see a difference in my skin after a few uses. I also enjoyed the scent a lot. The fact that you can also use it as a body cream is a nice bonus - maybe that's why the packaging is so huge. Anyways, that's my favourite cream of this year and I would totally buy this again.


# Avon Naturals Essential Balm in Peach & Cotton. This too I was using for a very long time. It's probably been more that 4 years since I bought it. I have no idea if you're supposed to use it for so long, but it worked just fine and didn't smell weird till the very end. It was also very good at moisturizing my lips, or any other part of the body I wanted to moisturize (I sometimes used it on my cuticles or elbows, or if I had a dry patch somewhere). I would absolutely recommend it and I would buy it again.


# Avon Advanced Techniques Mirror Shine Spray. It's basically a spray that's supposed to make your hair more shiny. I never really enjoyed it that much, which is why I've had it for years and I was very happy to finally get rid of it. It did what it claimed to do - my hair was shiny after I used it, I just didn't really care about that. So I wouldn't buy it again.

# Biosilk Silk Therapy Lite. It's a very nice silicone based serum, it was also the first of that kind that I've tried. I enjoyed it while it lasted, I even still have some backups in travel size, but I don't think I'd buy it again. I'd probably try something else.


# Le Petit Marseiliais White Peach and Nectarine. Le Petit Marseiliais is my favourite brand for shower gels and this is one of my favourite scents from them. You should definitely try these, they all smell amazing and are very affordable! I would totally buy this again, either this scent or something else. Anyways, it's a favourite.

# Avon Planet Spa Sweet Sensuality with Jasmine essential oils Fragrance Spritz. I really enjoy  the scent of this, but it disappeared after like half an hour. I know it's not a perfume, so you can't really expect much, but this is the reason why I'm not going to buy this again. They should really make a perfume with this scent though.


# Miz Club Make Up Sponge. It's not technically an "empty", but I'm done with it. It was good while it lasted, and it was very affordable. It blended my make up nicely and didn't soak it up nearly at all. The only downside is it took ages to dry. Would I buy it again? No, probably, as I prefer my Beauty Blender, but it's a nice option for someone who's not willing to spend that kind of money on a make up sponge.


# Avon Glimmerstick Brow Definer in Dark Brown. It was something my mom gave me when I run out of my Catrice brow pencil. It was too dark for me, but I managed to make it work. I think the formula is nice and I love the fact that it was retractable, but they should really work on the shade range. I will probably not buy this again (I didn't buy it in the first place, haha), because there's no shade that would match me perfectly.

# Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 10. This is my second one and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first one. Just like everybody says, it's an amazing concealer, I loved using it for my under-eyes. I would like them to make a lighter shade though, as I was using the lightest one and it was almost too dark for me, I wouldn't even think about highlighting with it. I would probably buy this again and I recommend it.

# Wet N Wild Mega Liner liquid eyeliner in Black. This was a huge disappointment. I enjoyed the brush and the formula was okay, I really liked how black it was. But from the very beginning it felt like it's an old eyeliner and there's barely anything left. Maybe I just got a bad one, but I was not happy at all and I will not buy it again.


# Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black. Another disappointment. I didn't like this one at all. The tip was very hard and uncomfortable to use. It was also, in my opinion, too big o make a pretty wing. The tip got a little softer with time, but then the formula became crap! The "Blackest Black" part is an absolute lie, as my liner was grey, not black. And when I tried layering it, to make it darker, it would take off what was already applied, creating a bold patch. I absolutely hated it and would not recommend it at all. I will also not buy this again.

# Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara in Black. That's another favourite of mine. I already had two of these and I absolutely loved them. It is said to be a dupe for Benefit's Roller Lash. I don't know about that, but it makes me want to try the Roller Lash. It's a perfect mascara in my opinion. It gives volume and length, separates the lashes. The want is small enough for it to be easy to apply without getting mascara on the lid. I will definitely buy this again.

# Ingrid Cosmetics Ideal Skin Concealer in 10. I used this concealer for highlighting mostly, as it doesn't give too much coverage and wouldn't cover my dark circles. It also oxidized quite a bit. It was okay for highlighting, I would describe it as a "meh" product. I would not buy this again.


# Borjouis Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 52 Vanilla. It's a really nice powder, it also smells nice. I had a love-hate relationship with it, there was a time when I thought it was making my make up look cakey and powdery, because it has coverage and I was used to translucent powders. On the other hand, it looked great on days when I didn't wear too much make up and needed some extra coverage. I don't know if I would buy it again, I would probably prefer trying something different. I also love the Stay Matte from Rimmel much more and I would choose it over this one any day of the week.

# Make Up For Ever HD powder. As you can see, it's a mini size, but it lasted me a long time anyway (I bought it for myself as a Christmas present last year). I mainly used it for baking under my eyes and it worked just fine. I'm using a powder from Essence now and it's doing just as well, so no, I'm not going to buy this again, I don't think it's worth the money.

And these are all of my empties for now. There are a few more piling up already, but I think I'll wait until after Christmas and New Years Eve before I talk about these. Anyways, I really hope you enjoyed this post and will come back for more! Have a great day :).

Sending my love,
Zhastine

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nie rozumiem fenomenu biosilk, wiele osób zachwycało się tym produktem. Ja mam takie samo zdanie a jego jak ty.
    Co do eyelinera, ja swoje poszukiwania już skończyłam i zdecydowanie stawiam na Bodyshop <3

    Ola z ławki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja od Biosilku wolę Mythic Oil of L'oreal :) A co do eyelinera, to bardzo mi się podobał Celebrity od Eveline. Teraz używam żelowego od Maybelline i też jest dobry, tylko irytujące jest mycie za każdym razem pędzelka :D

      Delete

Blog stats